From USD 10,186
ZAR 134,087.49 (approximately, depending on exchange rate at time of booking)
Escape on our Tanzania Safari, a 10 day Africa safari and beach holiday taking you from Tanzania’s superb game viewing to Mnemba Island’s white beaches and coral reefs.
Offering a sea and safari adventure off the beaten track, this itinerary combines a journey through one of Tanzania’s more remote and undisturbed wildlife areas with rest and relaxation on the shores of a private tropical island. Boasting dramatic landscapes inhabited by a great diversity of wildlife, the Selous offers an elite and undisturbed game viewing experience.
Explore one of Tanzania’s most pristine landscapes by vehicle and on foot, getting an intimate glimpse into this fascinating environment. From here, travel on to the flawless beaches of &Beyond Mnemba Island, where you can discover an underwater wonderland while diving or snorkelling in balmy Indian Ocean waters. Indulge in a secluded getaway far from the crowds, with the perfect balance of game viewing and relaxation.
Not suitable for children under 12.
- Meet and Greet service at Dar es Salaam International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per below
- The Oyster Bay – includes accommodation, all meals and drinks.
- Beho Beho – includes accommodation, meals, drinks, laundry, airstrip transfers and scheduled game activities.
- &Beyond Mnemba Island – includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits, snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing and scuba diving (two dives per day for guests holding a valid PADI diving certificate) and return transfers between Zanzibar/Mnemba.
- All scheduled road (and boat) transfers:
- Dar es Salaam Airport/The Oyster Bay/Dar es Salaam Airport
- Zanzibar Airport/Mnemba Island/Zanzibar Airport
- Mnemba Crossing Point /Zanzibar Airport
- All scheduled flight transfers:
- Dar es Salaam Airport/Lower Selous
- Lower Selous/Zanzibar Airport
- Zanzibar Airport/Dar es Salaam Airport
- Tanzania National park fees
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Administration Fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Rates exclude the Tanzania 18% VAT charge which came into effect on 01 July 2016
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Offer only applicable to honeymooners
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- Beho Beho is closed from 21 March to 31 May 2016
- Sand Rivers Camp is closed 16 March – 31 May 2016
- &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge is closed from 08 April – 20 May 2016
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
We look forward to welcoming you on our Tanzania Safari
You will be met by an &Beyond representative upon arrival at Dar es Salaam International Airport and assisted onto a scheduled transfer into Dar es Salaam.
Despite its name, which means “abode of peace” in Arabic, Dar es Salaam is Tanzania’s largest and busiest city. It is the country’s most important business and commercial hub and is situated right on the Indian Ocean. It is the main port of call for most visitors, as it is an ideal location from which to access both the wilderness areas and the beaches of Tanzania and Zanzibar. Most visitors en route to the better-known Tanzanian attractions are surprised by the charm of this unassuming city and find themselves yearning for more days to explore its hidden secrets. Must-see attractions include the beautiful beaches of Kunduchi, Mjimwena and Mbwa Maji, Dar es Salaam’s spectacular harbour and the local markets.
Spend one night at The Oyster Bay in Dar es Salaam.
Depart by road transfer to Dar es Salaam Airport (Domestic terminal) to board your scheduled Coastal Aviation flight to the Lower Selous.
Secluded and off the beaten track, the Selous Game Reserve offers visitors a slice of undisturbed wilderness, teeming with a spectacular array of fauna and flora. It was declared a World Heritage Site due to its dramatic landscapes and great diversity of wildlife. The Selous is one of the few big game reserves to allow hiking, offering wildlife enthusiasts the chance to explore Tanzania’s pristine landscapes on foot.
Spend four nights in a Banda at Beho Beho, roaming the Selous Game Reserve by boat, 4×4 vehicles or on foot. Sit back and enjoy game drives without seeing another sign of humanity. Leave the vehicle on the road and quietly follow your guide on an impromptu tracking walk. Walk quietly through the cool morning as the bush gradually wakes up all around. Stand on a rocky outcrop and gaze out across a wilderness so vast it defies description.
Wiggle your toes in the soft sand of the riverbank, a refreshing drink in one hand and binoculars in the other, or dig those toes in for better balance while battling a ferocious tigerfish. Glide around giant pods of hippo to the quiet murmur of outboard engines or drift silently by as elephants come down to drink. Lie back with nothing but a mosquito net obscuring the view and watch the stars come out. Rise for morning coffee or tea on the shores of a scenic lake a full day’s walk from your lodge. Feel a tingle as your flashlight illuminates the shining eyes of floating crocodiles. As the sun sets, warm weary feet by the fire and contemplate a day spent roaming this unspoilt paradise.
Depart the Selous on your scheduled Coastal Aviation flight to Zanzibar Airport. On arrival you will be met by an&Beyond representative who will assist you onto a road transfer to the crossing point for Mnemba island. Here you will be met by a boat for your transfer to Mnemba Island. Spend four leisurely nights in the exotic paradise of Zanzibar at &Beyond Mnemba Island. For the next few days the island and its ocean are yours to explore and enjoy. Remain in-house at your selected retreat, get out and about on the island, or combine the two. Step aboard a sailing dhow with its iconic triangular sails for a day on the clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Dive or snorkel the brilliantly coloured reefs or stop on an isolated sandbank for lunch. Brace your feet on the deck to do battle with the game-fish of the Indian ocean on a deep-sea fishing safari. Pause under the cool overgrowth of an island forest and marvel at the medicinal benefits of the plants your guide has pointed out. Indulge in the unique offerings of your chosen retreat, be it a spa treatment or a lazy lounge on the beach, sustained by icy cocktails.
After breakfast depart by boat to the crossing point, where an &Beyond representative will meet and transfer you to Zanzibar International Airport. At the airport board your scheduled Coastal Aviation flight to Dar es Salaam.