Gorilla Safari Uganda
From USD 2,934
ZAR 38,622.88 (approximately, depending on exchange rate at time of booking)
Track mighty mountain gorillas on our Gorilla Safari Uganda tour. This exclusive, private guided safari takes you to the magical Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in East Africa.
Explore mist-covered mountain slopes in search of enchanted moments spend watching the intricate interaction of families of mountain gorilla. Encounter these fascinating primates in the heart of the World Heritage Site known as the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Track the groups of mountain gorilla that live protected by this dense network of vines and shrubs, rewarded by exhilarating moments as you get to view their complex social structure at work. Traverse dense thickets and bamboo forests that extend over a series of steep ridges and marvel at the ecological uniqueness and natural beauty of this secluded mountain haven.
Not suitable for children.
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
- Meals inclusions as per itinerary
- Scheduled light aircraft flights:
- Entebbe Airport / Kihihi Airstrip / Entebbe Airport
- Road Transfers between:
- Entebbe Airport / Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort and Spa / Entebbe Airport
- Kihihi Airstrip / Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp / Kihihi Airstrip
- Park and concession fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
- Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
- Drinks where not stipulated in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Gratuities for guide/driver/hotel staff
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/medical insurance
- Gorilla Tracking Permits are not included in the rate. Costs for the Gorilla trekking permits:
- USD 600 (August , September, October and December 2016) per person per Gorilla permit.
- USD 450 (November 2016) per person per Gorilla permit.
- Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- Gorilla Tracking Permits are not included in the rate
- Gorilla Trekking subject to availability of permits at time of booking – payment of permit price may be required to secure permit
- A strict luggage restriction of 15kgs per person in total, including hand luggage and camera equipment, applies to all light aircraft flights. It is important that you carry soft-sided or “barrel” bags, as hard-sided suitcases cannot be fitted into the small holds of light aircraft.
- Kindly note that all inter-camp flights are subject to multiple pick-ups and drop offs en route to your destination which could affect the flying time.
- Massages at additional cost
- Single supplement only refers to the single room supplement. Single traveller supplement will be quoted on request
- There is a minimum age limit for gorilla tracking which is strictly 15 years.
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
Uganda Wildlife Authority is responsible for issuing out gorilla permits. You are encouraged to book in advance so as to avoid disappointment. A gorilla permit costs USD 600 per person per trek (subject to change).
We look forward to welcoming you on our Gorilla Safari Uganda tour.
Upon arrival at Entebbe Airport you will be met by an andBeyond representative who will transfer you to Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort and Spa.
Uganda’s steady economic growth is visible on the modern streets of Kampala, the country’s eclectic capital, with its melting-pot of restaurants, entertainment venues and upmarket hotels. Located on the wetlands that once made up the favourite hunting grounds of King Mutesa I, the city is famed for its seven beautiful hills. It is also home to the palace of the King of the 13th century kingdom of Buganda, as well as magnificent tombs, mosques and cathedrals. The vibrant little town of Entebbe links the capital to the international airport on the shores of Lake Victoria. Boasting a selection of small, comfortable accommodations and a tranquil, friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to stop over en route to or from a Ugandan safari.
Perched on the shores of Africa’s largest lake, the 124 rooms of the Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort and Spa feature elegant balconies with magnificent lake views and marble bathrooms. A gracious terracotta and cream palace, the central guest area comprises a marble reception with a Roman fountain, a glassed atrium and a magnificent clocktower. Panoramic terraces with plush sofas look out over landscaped rose gardens and a number of bars, cafés and restaurants offer an endless range of refreshments. Sun lovers can lounge around a crystalline infinity pool overlooking the river channel. Guests can explore their surroundings on a game drive, take a river cruise on the Kazinga channel or go chimpanzee trekking in the majestic Kyambura Gorge. At the end of the long day, the Maisha Mind, Body and Spirit Spa offers an extensive array of rejuvenating beauty and health treatments.
Spend one night at Lake Victoria Serena Resort and Spa in an ensuite standard room. Your stay includes breakfast.
After breakfast you will be transferred to Entebbe Airport for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Bwindi.
An ancient rain forest, the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest extends over a series of steep ridges in the Virunga Volcanoes mountain range. Its impenetrable nature, which is due to the dense growth of herbs, vines and shrubs that covers the valley floors, makes it the ideal habitat for the mountain gorilla. Declared a World Heritage Site due to its ecological uniqueness and natural beauty, the forest is home to roughly half of the world’s total gorilla population. With terrain that varies from swamp and bamboo forest to dense thicket, this beautiful area poses both challenges and rewards for anyone interested in an intimate glimpse of the life of these fascinating primates.
Set on a flat ridge deep within Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp is a remote and atmospheric mountain sanctuary. The only accommodation located within the national park, the camp boasts an unrivalled location with exceptional wildlife and birdlife viewing opportunities. Eight tents feature queen sized beds and generous bathtubs that look out onto the forest canopy.
Guests can sample delicious fare or enjoy an evening drink in the cosy bar and dining cottage overlooking the rainforest. In fine weather, meals are served al fresco on a raised natural platform that blends into the surroundings. A small gift shop offers a selection of locally sourced handcrafts. Forests walks to Munyaga waterfall, as well as an interactive community visit are included, while gorilla trekking and birding walks can be arranged at an additional cost.
Spend three nights at Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp in an ensuite luxury tent, your stay includes three meals and drinks (Except for premium champagne & spirits)
Tuck in to a hearty breakfast overlooking the majestic mist-covered slope of the mountain. Soak up the anticipation as the guide briefs and the trekkers get ready then follow in the light steps of your nimble porter as the rainforest folds in around you. Stop and take it all in; the sounds, the smells and the astonishing scenery. Feel the rush of excitement as those dim shapes and faint sounds become actual living, breathing, free gorillas. Savour every moment of your exhilarating encounter with the great apes. Walk tired and exhilarated back to the lodge for a hero’s welcome. Sink into a comfortable seat in front of a crackling fireplace and recount every highlight of the experience with your companions. As eyelids grow heavy, update your bucket list and sleep like a baby.
You will return to camp after the gorilla tracking with time to freshen up and rest before dinner.
After a scrumptious breakfast you will be transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled light aircraft flight to Entebbe. Upon arrival in Entebbe Airport you will be transferred to your international flight.